1. Xu M*, Sham P, Ye Z, Lindpaintner K, He L. A1166C genetic variation of the angiotensin II type I receptor gene and susceptibility to coronary heart disease: Meta-analysis of 53 studies with 20,435 cases and 23,674 controls. Atherosclerosis. Atherosclerosis. 2010;213(1):191-9.
2. Xu M*, St Clair D, He L. Testing for genetic association between the ZDHHC8 gene locus and susceptibility to schizophrenia: An integrated analysis of multiple datasets. Am J Med Genet B Neuropsychiatr Genet. 2010; 153B(7):1266-75.
3. Xu MQ*, Sun WS, Liu BX, Feng GY, Yu L, Yang L, He G, Sham P, Susser E, St Clair D, He L. Prenatal malnutrition and adult schizophrenia: further evidence from the 1959-1961 Chinese famine. Schizophr Bull. 2009; 35(3):568-576
4. Xu MQ*, Ye Z, Hu FB, He L. Quantitative assessment of the effect of angiotensinogen gene polymorphisms on the risk of coronary heart disease. Circulation 2007; 116(12):1356-66.
5. Xu MQ*, Xing QH, Zheng YL, Li S, Gao JJ, He G, Guo TW, Feng GY, Xu F, He L. Association of AKT1 gene polymorphisms with risk of schizophrenia and with response to antipsychotics in the Chinese population. J Clin Psychiatry. 2007; 68(9):1358–1367.
6. Xu MQ*, St Clair D, Ott J, Feng GY, He L. Brain-derived neurotrophic factor gene C-270T and Val66Met functional polymorphisms and risk of schizophrenia: a moderate-scale population-based study and meta-analysis. Schizophr Res. 2007 Mar;91(1-3):6-13.
7. St Clair D#, Xu M#, Wang P, Yu Y, Fang Y, Zhang F, Zheng X, Gu N, Feng G, Sham P, He L. Rates of adult schizophrenia following prenatal exposure to the Chinese famine of 1959-1961. JAMA. 2005; 294(5):557-62.